cassielui: I wanna give everything up.
All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrow will be...– Jim Butcher (via parisforeverandalways)
You can love someone so much… But you can never love people as much as you can...– An Abundance of Katherines, John Green (via alexithymia-daily)
theyellowbrickroad: I’m the type of person who looks at the menu for five minutes but ends up ordering the same exact thing every time
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found.– John Steinbeck (via quote-book)
Leather Notebook: Dear Society, →
courtneythewriter: How much weight should I lose before I’m beautiful? How many things should I know how to cook before I can be a wife? How many layers of clothes should I wear so that I can be respectable? How many girls should I kiss to prove it’s not “just a phase”? How many prayers must I pray before you…
Leather Notebook: Stardust →
courtneythewriter: I look in the mirror. I am ugly, I think. I hate the thickness of my brows. I hate the freckle on my neck. I hate the color of my eyes. No, not today, I say. I drag my skeleton from the veil of skin. I plop my heart into the sink. I turn it over with my hands, my fingers staining in…
Never Seen Letters of Pot: Every morning, I always... →
batangbonakid: Every morning, I always expect a text from you. A simple message that will brightens my day, a good start to face the world of my indifferent explanation of loving you. I never ask for a breakfast in bed, no bacon or french bread, no coffee or orange juice, no fresh flowers or newspaper. I want…
i'm not, i'm not, i'm not: When someone leaves... →
apostropheaffair: When someone leaves they never do. It’s not that easy, you can’t just get rid of people. Their bodies might go away, but they leave a thin dusting of electrons on the jar of pickles in the fridge and a film of rose water breath on the razor in the bathroom. You scrub the floors but you can…
Not all those who wander are lost.: I am just... →
ajarofwords: I am just waiting, waiting for someone to come knock at my door and sincerely ask me how i’m doing. I’m just waiting for them to look me in the eyes, shake me and tell me to stop acting, tell me that they know. And then I want them to lie to me, tell me that someday it’ll all go away. All the…
truth & glory: Has it ever occurred to you that I... →
seditious-libel: Has it ever occurred to you that I cannot create a new life for myself as easily as you say I can? It is not as simple as all you optimists would like it to be. No self help book is going to teach me things I haven’t experienced, and no amount of spontaneity is going to fix things. I have…
this silence: inevitable. →
shades-of-words: There will come a time when the words will taste stale in our tongue and we utter them more out of habit than the abundance of the heart. We stop crossing out the numbers on the calendar, and then realize that it will be only weeks ‘till we meet again. The minutes no longer become hours. They are…
They ask why I hate people, but there are thousands of reasons why people hate...– Tablo (Don’t Hate Me)
mntrose: The most horrific thing about getting close to someone is the thought that at any point, they could lose complete interest in you
23 DEEP ASS questions
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
19.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
20. Are you old fashioned?
21. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
22.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
23.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
youwishangelfish: Imagine reading a book of every conversation where people have spoken about you.
You don't actually want to read this.: Paint your... →
sufficientlytalentedfool: Paint your lips red, they say. It’ll bring out your eyes. It’ll attract the boys. It’ll make you look like a lady. Grow your hair, they say. It’s beautiful, sleek and sexy. Flowing waves and gentle curls that roll off your shoulders, down towards your hips. Draws the eyes to your waist. It’s the…
When someone says I drink too much
Lilys of the Field: I want to fold inside... →
lilysofthefield: I want to fold inside myself, turn to the shadows and search of things lost, for things of yesterday, accidently finding my tomorrow. I want to fall and find myself safe inside your arms — but instead I found the howling wind, and desperate tears wetting my skin. I want to open my ribcage,
whisperedverse: Her thoughts’ sinuous twists and curves appeal to me so perfectly; her mind’s deepest recesses, the only place I dream to be; and whatever her shape, her corporeal form, her pen is wicked sharp and lean – she, my ethereal ideal, the most beautiful woman I’ve never seen.
La Belle Dame Sans Dice: Intervals on home grown... →
labelledamesansdice: Ever wonder how much pain we carry? I often think that most of us are like water balloons, waiting for our pain to burst over someone’s head. I never thought about pain in this way. I used to have this uncanny ability to see myself as rather strong. I can take on the world! I’ve been punched in…
Skinny Jeans and Salinger: "tell me about your... →
skinnyjeansandsalinger: 1. i roll onto my back and try to open my eyes another 24 hours to survive another battle to get my feet onto the carpet and into the bathroom the thought of brushing my teeth is already sending me off the edge 2. so i check my phone again with the hope to see a “good morning” i wonder why i have unlimited texting
lucyquin: I never knew any better. I took off all of my skin and unhinged the bones in my chest to let my heart out to breathe. I tied rope around it so it wouldn’t wander off, but it never seemed to listen. I’d have to pull it back in and it resented me for being so frightened. It cut its own string one night and it ran wild. It chased all the wrong things, the wrong people, the wrong kind of...
I absolutely LOVE the amount of effort you are putting into our relationship.
Scarlet Thoughts: Time will come you won’t be able... →
scarlethoughts: Time will come you won’t be able to see the beauty of the world. You will never see your face in the mirror. You won’t see the faces of your family. Everything is pitch black. You will not see the butterflies flying in your garden and the colorful flowers that your mother took care of. The drawing…
abstruse: My name is Misfortune. I am the... →
jocularjoen: My name is Misfortune. I am the definition of brokeness. I am when your father told your mother he lost all his money in drinking. I am when your professor gives you a flunking 5.00. I am when your sister had to borrow money from you. I am when she broke up with you because she thought you…
Creative Explosion: BLACK & WHITE →
creative—explosion: You used to paint with words, but now when you do, it comes out all black and white. Every colour has disappeared from your words, from your thoughts, from your life. Things are just not as exciting as they used to be. Every day starts with you being just a little bit more tired than the day…
Intervals in truth
labelledamesansdice: *Hold me. Put your arms around my waist and hold me.* His voice was demanding but she was tired. She had no more energy. Somehow, all the daily giving had made her empty and her limbs completely useless. She felt trapped inside a life, she thought she had wanted. I can’t. *Do you want this to work?* In a low pitched scratchy voice, she finally found morsels of...
Will I actually be worth your time?
illestswagsta: Or am I just there to keep you company until someone better comes along.